A little while ago in my travels to find great new games I came across Vidar, a super interesting puzzle RPG full of personal stories and chock full of replay. What caught my eye about Vidar was the insanely great art. Vidar’s developer, Dean Razavi, pointed me towards the artist Becca Bair. After checking out her work on her website I was super impressed and decided to follow her on twitter hoping one day I too could afford her art in my games and site.
A little while ago Becca put a Twitter call for help to promote her new project – Arcadian Atlas.
Arcadian Atlas is being built in RPGMaker MV, with Becca handling art and her brother Taylor handling the writing. Music is in the hands of Moritz Katz and programming in the hands of Austin “Cozziekuns”.
So far the website has some interesting plans for the game. The team is drumming up interest to get community feedback for the game while also testing the waters for a possible Kickstarter soon.
Now, I haven’t had the pleasure of playing though a build of the game yet, but Becca’s art has me intrigued. I’m going to start following their blog and keeping my eye on this project. Hopefully by the time they are ready for a Kickstarter there will be a few playable builds completed so we can really understand what Arcadian Atlas is all about.
Below is the press info for the game:
Developer: Twin Otter Studios
(based out of Austin, TX)
Release Date: TBD
(late 2017 estimate)
Platforms: PC, Mac, & iOS
Price: $15 or less, undecided currently
Press Contact: email@example.com
Press Kit (Full Download): Dropbox Download
Arcadian Atlas is a 2D isometric tactical RPG set in the richly detailed pixel art world of Arcadia. Watch your footing & mind the elevations as you traverse the maps — A turned back or tumble on the battlefield could cost you a friend’s life. Let the moody jazz soundtrack carry you through a thought provoking and ruthless story of love, deceit, murder, companionship and war. Meant to be a modern go at the Tactics Ogre / Final Fantasy Tactics game style, Arcadian Atlas was designed from the ground up to incorporate more challenging battle strategies, new & balanced job classes, and darker subject matter for a more mature audience.
Featuring innovative job classes, character driven narratives that leave you invested & intrigued, strategic grid-based battles and a jazz infused soundtrack, Arcadian Atlas is a lushly handcrafted 2D isometric tactical RPG that takes the rich history of the genre and makes it modern.
Twin Otter Studios is an independent game developer started in 2015 by siblings Taylor & Becca Bair. After ranking in various game jams, creating their 5 hour indie RPG “Genesis” together & working professionally in the gaming industry as a writer & freelance artist (respectively), the brother/sister duo decided to make their work official with an LLC & logo.
Our goal is to craft lovingly handmade games with a fusion of modern elements & classic aesthetics that we ourselves would want to play. We have brought together some of the freshest & most innovative talent in the industry to bring you unforgettable gaming experiences.
- Hand-painted character art & a pixel perfect world designed by artist Becca Bair (Vidar, Dreamblazers). A labor of love!
- Turn based battle system provides limitless strategy & challenges.
- Epic story line and 3-dimensional characters fleshed out by writer Taylor Bair (Business of Indie, Planet Destiny) will leave you intrigued & attached.
- Grid-based tactics play style hits all the right nostalgia chords
- Retro-style sound effects & modern, chilled out jazz tunes by Moritz P.G. Katz (Fort Meow, German Wahnsinn) bridge the gap between yesterday & today.
- Never-before-seen job classes with zero filler skills will keep you chasing that AP.
- Marries tried & tested classic tactical RPG gameplay with new job class customizations & unique crafting mechanics that help evolve the genre.
Latest posts by Bernardo Español (see all)
- Dragon Ball FighterZ on Switch Set for September 28 in the West - June 21, 2018
- Lady Mourning Cosplay Best In Show AnimeNext 2018 Winners - June 20, 2018
- DELICIOUS IN DUNGEON, VOL. 5 REVIEW - June 18, 2018