Nardio Game News
Day of Infamy Blasts Out of Early Access Today
Watch the Launch Trailer
Day of Infamy started in late 2015 as a mod for Insurgency, created by the developers at New World and members of their modding community. Shortly after an announcement at the PC Gaming show at E3 2016, Day of Infamy launched into Early Access on Steam in July 2016.
New World has worked hard to stay true to their design roots established by Insurgency, but also shaped Day of Infamy into a unique game that can stand on its own, where it has received an overwhelmingly positive 90% review score in the last 30 days.
- 8 player Cooperative gameplay versus challenging AI opponents in three game modes and two difficulty levels.
- Up to 32 player Multiplayer gameplay in four wave-based game modes with the Battles playlist. Alternatively, 24 player game modes in three single-life and objective-reinforcement playlist Special Assignment.
- 10 maps – Ranging from war-torn cities to farm villages, and fortified beachheads to snow-covered forests.
- Over 70 historical weapons and attachments, whether you’re fighting for the U.S. Army, Commonwealth Forces or the German Wehrmacht.
- 9 player classes, providing a variety of experiences depending on what the player prefers.
- Unit system – Unlock historic units as you rank up, which are then playable as in-game characters with new uniforms, headgear, badges, and voices. Ranking up does not provide players with any gameplay advantages, so gameplay balance will always remain purely skill-based.
- Mod support and Workshop integration providing players with a vast array of community-created content. Built on Valve’s Source Engine, the SDK is one of the most familiar out there. Modders can replace models, textures, sounds and user interfaces in the game, as well as add new maps or total conversions using the game’s theater scripting system. There are already over 480 mods which have been created during the game’s early access phase.
Day of Infamy launches out of Steam Early Access today, March 23, 2017, and is available on Windows, Mac and Linux for $19.99 (USD).
About New World:
New World is an independent developer and publisher with deeply grounded roots in game development. Many of the core team members started as hobbyists creating the games they wanted to play. This foundation shaped itself into a unique development process which has led to the creation of New World’s debut title, Insurgency. In the wake of Insurgency‘s success in reaching over 3 million players, New World plans to continue creating compelling, disruptive new experiences with Day of Infamy and Insurgency: Sandstorm. http://newworldinteractive.
Latest posts by Bernardo Español (see all)
- Dragon Ball FighterZ on Switch Set for September 28 in the West - June 21, 2018
- Lady Mourning Cosplay Best In Show AnimeNext 2018 Winners - June 20, 2018
- DELICIOUS IN DUNGEON, VOL. 5 REVIEW - June 18, 2018