If you want a dose of nostalgia in the form of a roguelike game, then look no further than Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic. This re-release of a classic retro game provides all the fun RPG elements of the 16-bit era with a good dose of humor.
Whether you’ve played the original or not, if you’re looking for something new to play on your PlayStation, give this a try.
You should also check out this fantabulously retro making-of video from the developers:
Learn more about the game in the press release below:
About Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic
“Listen! The end is nigh!! Hear my words and prepare! An ancient cult has set foot in our lands! They call themselves -The Sons of Dawn- and pray to some dark elder god. They have started recruiting people for their cause all over the country. I fear that they want to try to awaken something which should be left sleeping. Something dangerous and sinister! Something that might destroy us all. Spend your last of days wisely…”
Enter the world of Pixel Heroes and prepare yourself for a thrilling RPG/Rogue-like experience like you have never seen before! Explore a randomized world full of hilarious events, deadly dungeons and the weirdest NPCs you will ever meet in a game! Choose three heroes for your party and take them on a journey that will be completely different each time you start a new game. Bath in a pool of procedurally generated loot and defeat the evil forces that threaten the township of Pixton!
- Thirty unique hero classes to unlock, each with individual skills and attributes.
- More procedurally generated axes, spears, maces, swords, shields, bows, crossbows, spells and prayers than a llama has hair on its body.
- Thirteen mystic and beautifully cruel dungeons to explore. Epic bossfights waiting!
- Three campaigns to unlock, each with its own final dungeon and boss.
- Permadeath! You know you want it.
- A detailed graveyard where you can mourn your dead heroes, compare their statistics and see which of their choices led to their tragic death.
- Completely crazy NPCs, each one of them with a significant storyline that you can follow to unlock cool stuff!
- Tons of random events that you will encounter on your way, expecting you to make important choices. Will you yell at the cat like a crazy idiot?
- Many achievements and unlockables, try to get them all and become the most badass Pixel Hero in the world!
Latest posts by Jasmine Greene (see all)
- Super Phantom Cat 2 – Out in August - July 18, 2017
- Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic out on PlayStation Store - June 16, 2017
- Bambosher Launches on iOS Tomorrow - May 24, 2017