Nardio Game News
In the mood for a metroidvania and a roguelike game? Check out A ROBOT NAMED FIGHT!
Press release below:
Combining the best of the Metroidvania and roguelike genres, A Robot Named Fight’s monstrous creatures, huge item variety, quirky writing, co-op gameplay, and synthwave soundtrack are sure to make an impression on platforming fans.
STORY & GAMEPLAY
Thousands of years have passed since the mechanical gods ascended and left the lower robots to cultivate the world. Unfortunately for those left behind, something forgotten and terrible is stirring among the stars: the Megabeast, a pulsating moon-sized orb of flesh, eyes, mouths and reproductive organs – unleashing its children onto the world like an unstoppable plague.
In A Robot Named Fight, you play as a lone robot tasked with retrieving wartime artifacts deep beneath the surface of your planet. Explore a procedurally-generated underground world filled with fleshy monsters and randomized powerups. Stay sharp, and try not to die – or you’ll have to start from scratch. To mount a challenge against the Megabeast, you must secure enough artifacts to open new paths and upgrade your offensive and defensive power. Take hold of your destiny, honor your ancestors – and defeat the Megabeast once and for all!
Matt Bitner, solo developer:
“A Robot Named Fight has been my dream for the last seven years. I wanted to turn the whole ‘robot uprising’ trope on its head by having a robot planet be invaded by Cronenbergian meat monsters. A Robot Named Fight captures the joy I experienced playing classic games such as Super Metroid and Splatterhouse as a kid. I hope Metroidvania fans have as much fun exploding the meat beasts as I had making them!”
* Explore a procedurally-generated labyrinth with more than 4 billion unique runs.
* Prove your worth with true permadeath.
* Take on over 50 menacing enemies solo or with a friend via local co-op.
* Adapt to a different item set in every run with more than 60 unique items.
* Complete achievements to unlock new content.
* Play using your favorite controller.
* Use multiple save slots to auto-save up to 3 runs.
* Enjoy an unreasonable amount of meat!
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
A Robot Named Fight is now available on Steam (Windows & Mac) for only $7.49 – 25% off the game’s retail price. The sale will end a week after launch (September 14).
Steam users can purchase A Robot Named Fight bundled with the game’s original soundtrack for $10.61.
WEBLINKS & INFO
- Single Player
- Local Coop
- Shared Split Screen
- Full Controller Support
- Steam Cloud
- Publisher/Developer: Matt Bitner Games
- A ROBOT NAMED FIGHT Website
- A ROBOT NAMED FIGHT Facebook
- A ROBOT NAMED FIGHT Twitter
Latest posts by Bernardo Español (see all)
- Toonami Schedules “Mobile Suit GUNDAM Iron Blooded Orphans” Season 2 - September 22, 2017
- Morphite Early Impressions - September 21, 2017
- Pankapu Is Out Now! - September 20, 2017