Nardio Game News
Regions of Ruin
Available on Steam Early Access
So I just got the press release for this and I have to say I am very, very, very curious. Regions of Ruin sounds damn interesting. I love how the world isn’t randomized. I love the way the units look and the way battles seem to happen.
I dig the simple art style. I love the story telling possibilites here. I am seriously considering buying this. Yea, I am not a fan of doing Early Access but this really looks interesting. The developers have been hard at work adding content and the store reviews so far have me really hopeful.
I might just buy and try this soon. Expect to hear more soon.
Regions of Ruin is a 2D side-scrolling RPG with town-building where you are introduced to an open world that progressively challenges your hero and settlement the further you delve into the vast continent.You will discover a foreboding land ravaged by hundreds of years of hardship. Where, kingdoms have risen and fallen, settlements have been laid to waste and overrun by warring groups, and great mysteries lay hidden and waiting to be unearthed – assuming you can defeat their jealous guardians.
- Styled combat system with stats and levelling
- Skill tree to focus your fighting style
- Extensive loot and rare items to discover
- Forge your own equipment or smelt it for resources
- Open world exploration with a hand crafted environment, no randomized maps or levels, everything you see has been made with care
- Customised town building and expansion
- Rescue and recruit dwarves for your township (save them from extinction!)
- Send workers to harvest resources from explored regions
- Hire Mercenaries to help in battle
- Multitude of Quests and a main storyline