Move over Guitar Hero and Rock Band, there’s a new musical game in town and it’s available on mobile. I’ve always wanted to learn how to play the piano, but just never got a chance to. GameOn Piano can actually TEACH you how to play your favorite songs – you can either use the virtual piano or even a real-life piano or keyboard. It seems pretty awesome! Read below for the press release:
GAMEON PIANO OVERVIEW
Learn the chords to your favorite songs by importing your iTunes library music – or choose from any of the game’s built-in tracks. GameOn Piano can listen to you perform on a real-life piano or keyboard. The game provides an easy way to learn by offering onscreen prompts that are simple to follow. Hit the right keys in time with the music to earn points – and string together several notes to earn a boost. Level up and earn more tracks as you play; each completed song will reward you with coins and experience that can be used to unlock additional music and instruments.
With more than 20 million songs available on the iTunes catalog alone, GameOn Piano is the first game that gives you the power to choose what you want to learn from your own music library – allowing you to master the chords to your favorite songs while playing along on a real keyboard or virtual piano. Don’t have your own music? Not a problem! GameOn Piano features its own library of tracks from talented indie artists – including music from SPiN, The Young Werewolves, Oh No Not Stereo, and many more.
GameOn Piano’s deep learning neural net handles live piano chord recognition through your device’s microphone. With this, the game can hear what is being played in real time to help you play correctly. This allows you to learn at your own pace, chord by chord – giving you real-life experience that can be used beyond the game.
Yael Shalev (founder, Shalev Games):
“In creating GameOn Piano, our goal was to make it easy for music fans to learn the chords to their favorite songs regardless of skill or piano experience. We’re now able to give players the opportunity to learn the piano at their own pace … and with true freedom thanks to the massive iTunes catalog. The algorithm can even listen for a real piano or keyboard to measure proficiency! In the end, a love for music is all it takes to enjoy GameOn Piano.”
- Jam out to the in-game music or any songs you own; works with more than 20 million tracks from iTunes.
- Improve your musical ability with real-time feedback when you play an actual piano; the game listens and shows you how you play … live!
- Enjoy listening and playing bonus music from talented indie artists.
- Earn achievements and goals as you progress through the game.
- Unlock up to 9 different instrument sounds to play along with.
- Practice on a real musical instrument by playing along with a piano, keyboard or synthesizer.
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
GameOn Piano is free-to-play. A VIP All-Access pass is available for $2.99 weekly, $7.99 monthly, and $39.99 annually; the pass enables the Real Piano mode with unlimited play of all tracks in the user’s iTunes library, all bundled songs (including any song updates), and all instruments.
Latest posts by Jasmine Greene (see all)
- Macro Monday: Fiery Skipper Fun - November 5, 2018
- Stardew Valley Review - August 28, 2018
- Felix the Reaper coming to Consoles, Mac and PC 2019 - August 27, 2018