Nardio Game News
I just got notified by a pal of a really interesting looking graphic novel with animation and fighting game elements called Shuyan Saga that recently launched on iOS. Well, as I was looking into it, I found that it was also available on Steam.
After comparing the two I was going to get the Steam version of Shuyan Saga but then decided, screw it, lets try the iOS version. It’s a lot cheaper and if the developers are confident enough to bring a well reviewed Steam experience to iOS, I wanna take em up on it.
The early review so far are really promising for the iTunes version. Let’s hope so.
Check out the iTunes description below:
Shuyan Saga™ is a graphic novel series where action scenes come alive in 3D combat gameplay. Set in an ancient Chinese martial arts fantasy universe, you embark on a life-changing journey as Shuyan — a princess fed-up with her constricted and pampered life — to become a true disciple of kung fu and stop the evil Guer horde from destroying the Five Kingdoms.
• Voiceover – Starring Kristin Kreuk (Smallville, Beauty and the Beast) as Shuyan in her first ever video game!
• Hand-Drawn Art – Over 1,400 beautifully illustrated panels from Chinese comic book master Daxiong (he’s drawn Star Wars comics for Dark Horse and Justice League for DC, among others!)
• Unique Kung Fu Gameplay – Over 300 combat animations, referenced from motion captured kung fu techniques of Shifu Longfei Yang, Master of the Shanxi Praying Mantis Style.
• Original Story – Set in a fantasy world inspired by ancient China, filled with myth and lore.
• 3D Combat – Soft and hard kung fu styles in two main combat modes: Arena and Focus.
• Control the Narrative – Make dialogue choices as the story progresses.
• Amazing Original Soundtrack – Composed by award-winning composer Aaron Tsang.