Vegan Lasagna Recipe
I love trying out new things and that especially extends to food. While I might not be a vegan, it doesn’t mean that I can’t appreciate some delicious vegan food. This is especially true when I can find some delicious workarounds for using cheese. My fiancee is lactose intolerant so vegan recipes are pretty perfect for him. When cooking vegan, I tend to stray from the fake meat and cheese stuff. What’s the point of cooking vegan if you are eating stuff that tastes like meat? This 100% vegan lasagna is hearty enough that you won’t even miss the meat. Try it out at your next potluck and see how quickly it gets devoured.
Vegan Lasagna Ingredients
- 3 zucchinis, sliced
- 16 oz package of baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 16 oz package of baby spinach
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbs. oregano
- 1 tbs. basil
- 1.5 tsp lemon-pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 jar of spaghetti sauce any kind (if you want vegan go with one that does not have meat in it)
- 1 box of lasagna noodles
- Cashew-basil pesto (ingredients below)
Cashew Pesto Ingredients
- 1 cup of unroasted cashews, soaked overnight in water
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 gloves of garlic
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh basil
- 1 tsp of salt
Cashew Pesto Directions
- Drain and rinse your cashews. Place wet ingredients into your blender/food processor first then add in the dry ingredients.
- Blend on high until smooth, scraping the sides as needed.
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. In a large skillet sautee garlic over medium-low heat for about 4-5 minutes. Add in the zucchini and baby bellas and sautee for 3-5 minutes then add in spinach. Add in the salt, lemon-pepper, tarragon, oregano and basil. Cook until spinach is wilted down about 5-8 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Boil lasagna noodles for about 8 minutes, drain and rinse immediately with cold water.
- Add some pasta sauce on the bottom of your dish. Add a layer of lasagna, half of your cashew pesto, half of your vegetables then some more pasta sauce. Add another layer of noodles, pesto, veggies and sauce. Top with another layer of lasagna noodles and the remainder of the pasta sauce.
- Cover with tinfoil and prick with a fork a couple times to let out the steam. Bake at 400F for about 40-45 minutes. This will keep in the fridge for a couple days although we don’t expect too many leftovers.
Tried it out? Write your comments below!
Try out our other recipes!