Are you tired of pumpkin flavored drinks yet? Well, that’s too bad. Pumpkin is definitely the flavor of fall and it’s infiltrated pretty much every aspect of the food and beverage community, except for mixed drinks. Surprising right? There actually are not that many pumpkin flavored liquors out there aside from Hiram Walker Pumpkin Spice Liqueur and Pinnacle Pumpkin Pie vodka. You can, of course, infuse your own pumpkin flavored liquor but do you really have the time and patience to wait that long?
Pumpkin Spice Irish Coffee
Fall is the perfect time to start drinking Irish coffees as it’ll keep you warm and get you drunk. I suggest using semi-decent coffee, but you don’t need to get too expensive since you’ll be adding a lot of flavoring to it anyway.
- 1.5 oz Irish Whisky
- 0.5 oz Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 0.75 oz pumpkin liqueur
- 4 oz hot coffee
- whipped cream (optional)
- dash of cinnamon and nutmeg
- Coffee maker
- Coffee mug
- Combine all the liquid ingredients into the coffee cup and stir well to fully incorporate all the flavors.
- Top with preferred amount of whipped cream if you wish to use it.
- Top whipped cream with dash of cinnamon and nutmeg. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Pie Martini
I love pumpkin pie. I would gladly try anything that has pumpkin pie to describe its flavor. This pumpkin pie martini is delicious and will give you the same flavor with slightly fewer calories. Go ahead. Indulge yourself.
- 1.5 oz vanilla vodka
- 1 oz pumpkin liqueur
- 0.5 oz creme de cacao
- 0.5 oz heavy cream
- dash of pumpkin pie spice
- Cocktail shaker
- Martini glass
- Combine all the ingredients into the cocktail shaker and add ice.
- Cover the shaker properly and shake well for about 5 seconds
- Strain into a chilled martini glass.
Pumpkin Ginger Spice
Pumpkin and ginger are a pretty natural pairing as the spice adds a nice kick to the sweetness of the pumpkin. A delicious drink with a zing that will have you forgetting how awkward family get togethers can be.
- 1.5 oz spiced rum
- 0.5 oz ginger liqueur
- 1 tbs. pumpkin puree
- 1 oz apple juice
- Cocktail shaker
- Cinnamon stick garnish
- Put all the ingredients into the cocktail shaker and top with ice.
- Cover the shaker properly and shake well to fully incorporate the pumpkin puree, about 10-15 seconds.
- Fill a highball class with ice.
- Strain the contents of the cocktail shaker into the highball glass.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick.