The Nardio Review
Is it worth your time?
What should I play it on?
Temple Run 2 plays perfectly on the iPad, iPod touch and the iPhone iOS 4.2 and later. You get the same great experience with all devices, but I get the most enjoyable experience playing on the iPad. The updated graphics beg to be showcased on the bigger screen. See detailed device requirements on the app store link below.
What did you think without spoiling it?
Go download Temple Run 2 now! ITS FREE!
If you are a fan of endless running games you need this game. If you are curious about endless running games, download Temple Run 2.
Did I mention it’s free?!???!
Temple Run 2 has perfect controls, really great graphics and a wonderful progression system through easy to earn in-game currency. Temple Run 2 has replaced Temple Run: Brave as my new fave forward 3D endless runner. It’s better than the previous two games in almost every way. The new power ups definitely make the game more fun. New Mine Car areas! New zip line areas!
Now Temple Run 2 has in-app purchases…I know I normally try to avoid games with this, but I have to say this is one of the good ones. You don’t need to buy anything. Seriously, I am getting all the gems and coins I need while playing, and since it’s so fun I can’t stop playing so I am maxing things out pretty fast. There are also missions again in game that not only reward you with lots of coins, but also with the new currency gems. (Why is it always gems?) You also find lots of gems when running so i’ts not a new Freemium deal breaker.
I bought a coin pack just as a way of saying thanks.
How does it play?
Temple Run 2’s controls are perfect and the character animations are better than ever. There is no lag whatsoever on my iPad 2 or iPhone 4. I’m really surprised Temple Run 2 is a free game. As much polish that went into this, and after the massive success of the first game, I would have had no problem paying upfront for this amazing game. Touch and tilt is still perfect with Temple Run 2.
Why it works:
Multiple characters to unlock, inigame missions that supply challenging ways to earn in game currency. There’s also an in-game scoring system to keep track of your best score and Game Center to challenge your friends.The upgrade system is perfect, the music is great, and the graphics are awesome. Intuitive and simple game play with no lag whatsoever. Temple Run 2 gets fast and always stays fun. There are tons of endless running games in the iOS store and Temple Run 2 is now the best, paid or free. For a Freemium game it never feels like a money grab.
It seems when switching between power ups that all gems put into them seem to disappear. I have gotten my coin magnet almost maxed out only to see it go to empty when I switched with the shield. Also the power up seems to deplete after runs. I have emailed the developer to find out if this is this intended or a bug. Seems like a bug to me. For now I recommend either saving all of your gems for the inevitable update or just putting them all in the coin magnet then never going to power up section again.
(Coin Magnet is the best power up, don’t bother with the rest)
Temple Run 2 Tips:
FOR MAX COINS FAST:
- Your first Abilities upgrade should be Coin Value!
- Your second Abilities Upgrade should be Coin Magnet.
- SAVE YOUR GEMS for when you reach level 5 and unlock the Coin Magnet Power Up. Proceed to max that out!
- Price: FREE in the Apple App Store!
- Worth: I would have paid 3 bucks for this game.
- 1 player game.
- Month’s worth of replay value.
- You don’t NEED the In-App Purchases. They are there if you want to splurge or thank the developer for a job well done.
- Continuing developer support with fixes.
- Supports game center so you can see your friend’s top scores and share your own.
- Child friendly. No violence, cussing, nudity, etc.
- I would say this is good for a patient 9-year-old who likes fun time killers and beating his friends’ scores. I’m 30 and I’m addicted to this game. Parents, you might find yourself sharing this one with the kids and working to get the power-up upgrades together.
App Store Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/temple-run-2/id572395608?mt=8