Is it worth your time?
(See our developer interview here) Coming soon!
What should I play it on?
This game plays perfectly on the iPad, iPod touch and the iPhone iOS 4.0 and later. You get the same great experience with all devices.
What did you think without spoiling it?
I play this all the time when I want to pass the time. It’s great in office meetings (Shut off the volume!!!) or waiting for my normally late girlfriend. It’s a fun time waster that pretty much goes on forever. You just play to beat your or your friends’ scores. This is classic 8-bit gaming that just begs to be played and appreciated.
How does it play?
The controls are perfect, the character animations are retro cute and the hitting is spot on. At no time did I feel like this was a cheaply done app. What really surprised me were the classic sound effects. I felt like a happy kid again playing this game. According to my girlfriend I had the smirk to match.
Why it works:
One touch, with no lag whatsoever to take away from the fun. It totally reminds me of classic tiger handhelds. The animations are cute, adorable and beg your eyes to ignore the ball. The best part is that it’s simple enough for anyone to pick up and play.
Aim for the bananas if you have any strikes built up. They take one away each time you whack one. But beware, the pitcher isn’t going to wait for you.
Nothing. It’s pretty much a perfect time killer that just so happens to be free.
- Price: FREE on the Apple App Store!
- Worth: I would have paid 2 bucks for this game.
- 1 player game.
- Years worth of replay value.
- Continuing developer support with fixes.
- Supports game center so you can see your friends top scores and share your own.
- Child friendly. No violence, cusses, nudity, etc..
- I would say this is good for a patient 5 year old who likes fun time killers and beating his friends’ scores.